Financial Aid and Tuition Assistance
Kindergarten to 8th grade
At St. Christopher School, we are committed to making our school affordable to ALL families. Thanks to the generosity of the Archdiocese of Chicago and St. Christopher Parish, our school offers a financial assistance program to help school families. Registration for the 2021-22 school year begin in February 2021, and you can apply for financial aid at this time.
Important note:The information on this page is for kindergarten through 8th grade students only. If you are interested in financial aid for a preschool student, please visit our Preschool Financial Aid page.
Step 1: State of Illinois ScholarshipsThe first phase of our financial aid process is to apply for State of Illinois Scholarships if you are eligible for them. This program potentially offers enormous financial opportunities for your family, and we encourage you to learn more about it. Further details about these scholarship may be found on our State of Illinois scholarship information page.
Here are some basic facts about this program:
- Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. It is crucial that you apply for a scholarship as soon as possible (within minutes) once the application process begins!
- Applications for Empower Illinois begin on Wednesday, January 13, at 6:30pm
- Applications for Big Shoulders begin on Tuesday, January 12, at 8:00am
- Please see our State of Illinois scholarship information page for further details
Step 2: Archdiocese and St. Christopher Parish Scholarships
We have two additional sources of financial aid:
- Caritas Scholarships from the Archdiocese of Chicago
- St. Christopher Parish Scholarships
To apply for these scholarships, please complete an online application that is processed by FACTS Management. Your personal financial information does not pass through our office, but is handled directly and confidentially by FACTS.
Please note that Archdiocese and St. Christopher Parish Scholarships do not cover 100% of tuition and fees. All families are expected to pay a portion of their tuition and fees.
This financial aid application process consists of three steps:
- Complete the FACTS online financial aid application
After completing the application, upload or FAX the following documents to FACTS:
- 2018 Federal tax forms (this is required to be considered for a scholarship)
- 2018 W-2 forms and Social Security Income documentation
- Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF documentation
- Pay a one-time non-refundable application fee of $30 per family to FACTS via credit card online
We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible. Although we will consider all requests for scholarships whenever they are received, awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so the earlier you apply, the better your chances of getting a scholarship.
If you would like help completing the financial aid forms, we will be happy to provide assistance. Please contact the school office to set up a time where someone can assist you with the financial aid application process.
If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at 708-385-8776 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.