2nd Grade - Class 2 class home page
Welcome to an exciting school year at St. Christopher School
Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade Class
About the teacher:
This is my sixth year teaching in an elementary school, and my second year teaching at St. Christopher School. I have a Master's degree in education from Saint Xavier University. Prior to teaching, I spent time as a paralegal and competed in Division I golf as an undergraduate at the University of Southern California (USC). Over the summer, I spent a great deal of time teaching junior golf to children as young as four years old.
Personally, as a student, I found second grade was my favorite grade ever! I had an amazing teacher who combined curriculum with creativity, particularly with reading and writing.
Be sure to keep a lookout for our class newsletter - The Tuesday Times!
Questions? Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday: Library and PE** every other Tuesday
Wednesday: Mass* and Alternating Art/Computer switching every other week
Our lunch is at 11:05 and we will have recess at 11:35 each day. Please send an extra (old) pair of gym shoes to school in the event we have indoor recess in the gym. Gym shoes must be worn on the gymnasium floor at all times.
*School uniforms must be worn on Wednesday for Mass. No jeans day passes will be honored on Wednesday.
**Please remember your child must wear their St. Chris gym uniform and gym shoes for PE.
- Your child may bring a water bottle for lunch- water only. Please make sure the bottle has a tight seal and is easy to drink from. Please also put your child's name on the bottle.
- We will have snack during the day. Please make sure to send a healthy snack each day. Out of concern for anyone with a nut allergy, do not send snacks containing any type of nut (examples: no peanut butter or pistachios). All dessert snacks will be sent back home. Birthdays will be celebrated. If your child has an upcoming birthday, please e-mail me so we can work out a special plan.
- Your child will bring home a Home Folder. The folder pockets are marked "Bring Back to School" and "Stay at Home." Notes will go in the "Stay at Home" side unless they need to be returned and homework should go on the "Bring Back to School" side.
- We will use Assignment Notebooks/Student Planners in second grade. They are used for homework and daily communication regarding your child's assignments and behavior. Please go over all homework assignments with your child and initial the assignment book each day and return it to school. In addition to homework assignments, please encourage your child to read and write every day at home.
Mrs. Hofmann's Standard Operating Procedure
Class Guidelines - "Give Me 5"
- Eyes on teacher
- Ears listening
- Mouth closed
- Feet are still
- Hands are still
- Listen and follow directions
- Raise your hand before speaking or leaving your seat.
- Respect your classmates and your teacher.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Let's Fill the Pom-Pom Jar!
Students will work collectively to fill the class pom-pom jar. Once filled, the class will receive a prize (such as picking from the treasure chest, guest reader, etc.).
Blue - The student has gone above and beyond in the classroom
Green - The student showcases good behavior. All students start the day here.
Yellow - Warning is provided - the student needs to be reminded to follow the rules.
Red - Final warning - the student continues to not follow the rules. Parent will be contacted.
Class DocumentsNo class documents uploaded.
Last modified: 05-26-2023